Monday, August 19, 2013

Empties #1!!


Hi Lovelies!

Today I'm doing my first empties post!! I was actually really close to throwing these bottles out until it just dawned on me that I should do an empties blog post! I thought about it and I figured might as well do one now since I probably won't be able to do another one for another few months. So I actually had to dig threw my trash to look for the empty bottles! No worries though I rinsed them before I taking these pictures!

St. Ives Apricot Scrub: This is my second empty bottle and I really love this. I don't know if you guys remember this or not but at some point this was really big in YouTube; everybody and their mothers was seriously raving about it. But then all of sudden people started hating on because it was apparently too abrasive and it was damaging you skin. Well I have no clue if it really does that, but for me personally I really like this product! I have super oily skin and I find that if I use this once or twice a week it just helps to clean everything out, so I can have a fresh start! I'm definitely going to continue buying this. I think next time I'm going to try the Green Tea scrub!

Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Cleanser: If you are a subscriber to Seventeen Magazine then you would know what this is. It's literally spammed in all the issues of Seventeen Magazine. I use this in my morning skincare routine which you can read here. I've actually tried the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Scrub and went through two bottles of that stuff. Since I loved that scrub so much I decided to try this cleanser. My thoughts? I find this to be really potent. It's suppose to treats acne, so it has 2% salicylic acid. That's more than my Clean and Clear toner (for sensitive skin) and my toner has only 0.5%. Nevertheless, I still like this product! It smells exactly like pink grapefruit I  it works really well in combination with the Clean and Clear toner (for sensitive skin). If you were to buy this just be aware that it does contain a lot of salyicylic acid which means it can be a bit drying for you. So I would follow up with a toner that is not as strong.

Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner: Alright this is like my third or fourth bottle and it's literally my favorite conditioner of all time! If you want to read about my hair care routine you can read about it here. Whenever I use this I never need to reach for Aussie 3 minute Miracle deeeep conditioner. Also, I don't have to fill my entire hand with conditioner. I just deed maybe a dollop (2 tablespoons?) and I'm good. So yeah my favorite and holy grail conditioner of all time!

Got2b Smooth Operator Smoothing Lustre Lotion: This product smells like heaven! If you see this in the store just smell it it smells so good! If there was a perfume in this scent I would totally buy it! Unfortunately there isn't :( Anyways I love this product and it lasted me for almost two years! I bought this in my Sophomore year and now I'm going into my Senior year of high school!  I use this right after I wash my hair and I put about a pea size amount in my hair from the ears down. It also doubles as a heat protectant too. I also love using this whenever I curl my hair. I don't like the super ringlety curls so I smooth this over to make the curls a bit looser. It's not super thick, so it won't weigh your hair down or anything, it's just perfect! I'm already on my second bottle of this too:)

Hope you enjoyed!

xx Annie




8 comments:

  1. I love reading empties posts, they are my guilty pleasure! I really like the St Ives scrub, just for the smell alone!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always fail at empty posts, I never manage to use up all the product and leave a little bit 'just in case'. Nice post, great photo taking skills!

    http://ramblingofabeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! lol when i took this photo outside i was so self conscious of what people were thinking seeing a girl taking pictures of empty bottles haha

      Delete
  3. Hey my lovely, I loved your post... i never have empties though cause i always by new things and never finish anything! If you're interested i have nominated you for The Liebster Award! Go to my page (http://youmeandbeauty.blogspot.com.es/2013/08/the-liebster-award.html ) to find out more information :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! I've actually already done it! but on my next post ill be sure to link you :)

      Delete
  4. Love this!

    http://mintsunday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! It will make my day :)
I promise I will reply as soon as I can!