Monday, July 22, 2013

Nightly Skincare Routine!




My nightly skincare routine as promised!
Step 1. I first start off by taking off any makeup I have. I usually use extra virgin olive oil, but I also have the Neutrogena Makeup Remover as well. Honestly, the olive oil works so much better and it's so much better more the skin. I definitely recommend using extra virgin olive to take your makeup off!

Step 2. I cleanse my face with Neutrogena's Naturals fresh cleansing and makeup remover cleanser. This helps takes off any makeup that the olive doesn't take off. Normally, olive oil or any other makeup remover will leave a thin film of residue on my face that is normally tainted black from the eyeliner or mascara I used, so I just use this take it off. Sometimes I can get away with just using this cleanser to take all my makeup off. Especially on days when I don't wear eyeliner or mascara, this cleanser can take it all off. Next, I use the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser. It's super gentle and  it cleanses my face. What I like about this cleanser is that it doesn't make my face squeaky clean or anything so it's good for people who have dry skin, but I have oily skin and it still does the job done without stripping my face entirely!

Step 3. I moisturize my face at night with the Yes to Tomatoes Daily Moisturizer. This stuff is really potent. It's really thick and creamy and one bottle almost lasted me an entire year! I bought this last year in August, and I just through out the empty bottle a few days ago. Essentially, it lasted for about 11 months and I kid you not I used it day and night for all those 11 months. Yes, I used to use it in the morning as well, but I've realized that this moisturizer is too thick for me in the morning since I have oily skin. I'm definitely gonna repurchase this and it will probably last me even longer since I only plan on using it at night now. Although it is pricey for a drugstore moisturizer (about $15) it lasts a long time. I need to go pick some up later whenever I get a chance to go to Target.

Step 4. Finally I just spot treat with the Clean and Clear Advantage Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste. You only need the tiniest bit and it will turn stark white on your face. This little tube will last a while as well. I'm not sure if this does anything that will reduce the longevity of the pimple on my face, but I just like putting it on so I know 'm doing something with any pimples on face. I've used the clean and clear Persagel, but I find that isn't really strong enough for my face anymore because I've gone through almost two tubes of it. I think my face is kind of immune to that stuff now.
Hope you find this helpful!
~Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! It will make my day :)
I promise I will reply as soon as I can!