Monday, July 15, 2013

Hair Care Routine

Hi Everyone!

Today I'm going to be showing you my hair care routine. Just to let you guys know my hair is pin straight, black, and almost kind of slippery... if you know what I mean. It's slippery as in like it doesn't hold bobby pins well because the bobby pin will be kind of loose. My hair is the classic Asian hair which I'm so glad to have. I never really have to worry about frizz, or styling my hair. I just walk out the door with just a brush through and I'm done! (unless I'm styling of course) But I've tried a bajillion products from the drugstore in the past few years, ever since I've been obsessed over hair care products. There's just so many products to choose from. From the packaging, to the scent, and what the product is "suppose" to do. I normally reach for products that are for split-end remedy, even though I rarely ever use heat on my hair, I like knowing that my hair is even "stronger."
However, lately I haven't been obsessing over buying new hair products. I just reach for the same shampoo and conditioner at the store for the past year now and I've just stuck with it. I will say that I do switch up my shampoo because it keeps my hair from being "accustomed" to the shampoo. If I use a certain shampoo for too long, it doesn't really clean all the gunk out of my hair. I like using the Head & Shoulders Damage Rescue or Head & Shoulders Itchy Scalp. Now I do switch my shampoos up like I mentioned earlier, but I haven't found one that I really love yet and I don't want to mention anything. So for now, I love using Head & Shoulders and when I need to switch up my shampoo, I just choose one from the drugstore that catches my eye, but I have been using the same conditioner for the past year and I LOVE it. I use the Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner. I changed it up this one time, but I knew right away that it was a bad mistake. I think I've gone through like 5 bottles of this stuff and it's great! I will warn you to NOT buy the ones in bulk from Sam's Club or Costco. I bought it once and the product was totally different. The consistency was much more liquidy and it wasn't as thick as ones in the smaller bottles from my local CVS. I'm guessing the bulk bottles are filled with filler and not much of the actual conditioner, so stick with the normal 12 fl. oz bottles from your local drugstore! I'll do a separate post on my favorite leave-in products too.




~Annie <3





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! It will make my day :)
I promise I will reply as soon as I can!